This year, ICBO is inviting
several different types of
contributions. The review process of full papers and short papers has finished, the selected contributions are displayed here.
submission of abstracts for posters and
abstracts for presentation at the early
career researcher symposium (PhD or
postdoc within 5 years of PhD, questions to be directed to
Ludger Jansen, ludger [dot] jansen [at]
uni-rostock [dot] de.) are still open.
All accepted contributions
will be published in the conference
proceedings. Selected poster
abstracts and short papers will be
allocated time in the conference schedule
for flash presentations.
We also invite shorter
software demonstration proposals,
containing a brief abstract describing the
software to be presented (questions to be directed to Trish Whetzel, whetzel [at] stanford [dot]
The maximum allowed page lengths of contributions are as
All submissions should adhere to the
prescribed two-column style and use
author, year citations together with an
alphabetically organized bibliography.
The conference language is English. The ICBO
template to use for formatting is provided as MS Word template
and as a
Please adhere carefully to the provided
templates and page length requirements, as
contributions which do not conform to the
guidelines will be rejected.Questions about the
formatting of submissions should be sent
to the publication chair, Janna Hastings, janna [dot] hastings [at]
gmail [dot] com.
All manuscripts should be submitted in PDF
format via EasyChair
for the review process.
- Full paper submission: 5 pages, final submission due Apr 15, 2012.
- Software demonstartion proposal: 2 pages, due Apr 15, 2012
- Early career researcher abstract: 2 pages, due Apr 15, 2012
- Poster abstract: 1 page, due Apr 15, 2012
The review process for FOIS papers is finished.
For the camera-ready papers the following criteria apply:
- The paper length is 14 pages.
- The deadline for paper submission is March 31, 2012.
- Submitted papers must not exceed 14 pages, including the bibliography and an abstract of no more than 300 words.
- Papers should be submitted electronically as PDF files prepared in accordance with the IOS formatting guidelines.
- Submissions should be made via Easychair at the following address: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fois2012.
- Proceedings will be published by IOS Press and will be available at the time of the conference. Please note that at least one author must register for the conference in order for an accepted paper to be published in the proceedings.
The submission deadline for posters is
May 1, 2012. Poster submission should consist of
- an electronic copy of the poster itself
(for printing at A2 size), preferably in PDF format, and
- (2) a cover letter giving the
author's contact details and a statement of current status, including the year of
expected graduation at the PhD or master's level.
All poster submissions should be mailed to fois2012 [at] easychair.org , with the subject line "FOIS poster".